A fire at a townhouse complex in North Redding was slowed by an automatic fire suppressing sprinkler system. At around 6:30PM Saturday a resident of the College View Townhomes on College View Drive heard water flowing in her garage and when she opened the door the garage was full of smoke. She closed the door, evacuated her family and called 9-1-1. Redding Fire Department responded and had the fire under control in about 20 minutes. The cause was determined to be a faulty light ballast. Damage to the building is estimated at a Thousand Dollars, and another $500 to the contents of the garage, mostly due to the sprinkler water.