A Northeast Redding house was damaged by a fire that started from a toy’s battery. At 7:40PM Redding Firefighters were called to a large house on Hollow Lane. The residents had noticed smoke and flames billowing from their garage, and they quickly went to work with fire extinguishers and garden hoses. The home also is equipped with an automatic sprinkler system. When firefighters arrived the fire was mostly out. An investigation revealed that the fire had originated from a battery for a remote controlled car that was being charged when it overheated and caught fire, with flames spreading to nearby combustibles and destroying everything in the garage. Damage to the $650,000 house is estimated at $25,000 and another $50,000 worth of contents.