There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

Dog Dies In House Fire Saturday Morning

A North Redding house was heavily damaged by a fire that was apparently caused by an electrical overload. At around 9:30AM Saturday morning the residents of a home on Beltline Road had been away and they arrived to find smoke coming out their front door, so they called 9-1-1. Redding Firefighters had the fire out in about 20 minutes, but it had been smoldering for a long time so smoke had filled the house and caused a lot of damage. A small dog was overcome by the smoke and died. The origin of the fire was determined to be a wall outlet behind the entertainment center in the living room. The value of the damage is estimated at $50,000.