Redding Fire Department made a quick stop on what was becoming a major house fire Monday night. At around 8:30PM, firefighters responding to a house on Loma Street found heavy smoke and found the fire was mostly confined to the kitchen. It was starting to spread to the rest of the house when crews made their way inside and extinguished it. Nobody was home at the time the fire started. It was apparently caused by a burner on the kitchen stove being left on. Damage is estimated at $10,000 for the structure and another $5,000 for contents.