DIXON, Calif. (AP) – Authorities in Solano County say two teenage boys died after they were electrocuted while trying to rescue a dog from an irrigation canal at an orchard. KTXL-TV reports the Solano County Sheriff’s Office says that after they walked into a canal in Dixon to save the dog, one of the boys touched a nearby gate. That caused an electric current to travel through the water and both teens were electrocuted Monday. The California Highway Patrol says first responders found them in a nearby field. It is unclear who pulled them from the water. The boys were taken to a hospital in Vacaville where they died. Their names have not been released. Dixon High School Principal Stephanie Marquez says they were students of her school and that counseling services will be available for their classmates Tuesday. The sheriff’s office says the dog survived.